Published on November 2nd, 2013 | by HowToMakeBathSalts
DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub
Christmas is the perfect season to give gifts – but not just ordinary gifts. What better way to show the real value of the season than to give someone a handcrafted and personalized gift to your friends and loved ones.
This do-it-yourself lemon sugar scrub is one of the easiest recipes to make as it doesn’t take much effort and time nor does it cost too much. All you need are simple and easy to find ingredients. In fact, most of the things needed in making this recipe are actually found in the kitchen. The lemon sugar scrub can be used by your friends and loved ones to pamper themselves and whoever you may choose to give it to.
Here are the ingredients that you will need for this DIY Zesty Lemon Sugar Scrub
- White Sugar (2 1/2 cups)
- Lemon Juice (4 tablespoons)
- Olive Oil (1 cup)
You will also need glass containers and a mixing bowl to make the recipe and package it neatly. The mixing bowl will be used to combine all the ingredients while the glass containers will hold the finished recipe once it is finished. Once you have all the necessary ingredients ready, you can go ahead and make the lemon sugar scrub by following these easy and simple steps.
- Place the white sugar into the mixing bowl and mix in the olive oil. Stir the mixture until the oil is well combined with the white sugar.
- Pour the lemon juice into the mixture. I always use fresh lemon for this recipe. Fresh lemon juice is actually more fragrant and can make your skin glow.
- Stir the mixture with a spatula and make sure that everything is well combined. The consistency of the mixture should turn out not so watery but not so dry either.
- With a spatula or a spoon, pour the mixture into the glass containers. Medium sized glass jars are preferable. Also, make sure that you fill the jar just enough and do not fill it completely.
- Put the lids on and close the jar tightly so that contents won’t leak. To test if there is a leak in the container’s lid, try to tip it a certain angle. If some of the mixture actually leaks, that means the lid is not tight enough or the jar is not closed properly.
- Package it neatly by placing a label on top of the lid. You can also get creative and cut out some stickers to use as a label.
- You can also add a ribbon and a tag where you can write a simple message. It’s a nice touch to your lemon sugar scrub. With that, you won’t need to buy a card that will go with your gift.
With this simple homemade recipe, you can make a bunch of gifts to give out to your friends and family members. As long as the recipe is followed closely and the whole thing is packaged neatly, you won’t need to buy any other gift to make the people that matter to you feel special this season. That’s all there is to this DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub!