Published on November 27th, 2013 | by HowToMakeBathSalts
Homemade Citrus Coconut Soap
Coconut is believed to be the most useful plant ever existed on earth. I can remember my assignment way back in second grade. My teacher asked us to list a 100 ways on how we can utilize the coconut tree from its roots up to its leaves. I couldn’t believe what I heard at first; but yes, my hearing was still in good condition, I heard the instruction right. My mind was too young to comprehend and come up with my 100 list. Google was not around back then so I don’t have a choice but to ask my parents for some help. But thanks to my father, he gave me lots of ideas on how I can utilize the coconut tree from head to foot.
Of course back then, the 100 ways list was my teacher’s form of exaggerating and making the assignment difficult. But seriously, you can use coconut in a lot of ways – you can make decorations, roofs, fruit salad, lumbers, medicines, cooking oil, coal, and a lot more. Last year I came across a blog post detailing the benefits of using coconut soap. Coconut milk and fruit smoothens the skin giving you a soft and baby-like skin. Its benefits are really promising that’s why I have decided to try making my own coconut soaps. After a couple of tries, I finally came up with the correct measurements and procedure. I encourage you to make your own coconut soap too! You can follow and learn from these easy steps.
If you love the citrus scent, you will surely love this homemade citrus coconut soap! You will need the following:
1/3 of a block shea butter soap base
2 tbsp. of shredded coconut
5 drops orange essential oil
1 tbsp. citrus zest
Microwave safe container
Homemade Citrus Coconut Soap Instructions:
- Prepare all your ingredients and tools. Clean all the containers and dry it up before using it.
- Cut the shea butter soap base, what you will need is a 1/3 block of it. Place the soap base a microwave safe container. Melt it inside the microwave with a 30 second interval.
- Once the base has completely melted, add in the citrus zest, orange essential oil and the shredded coconut.
- Mix all the ingredients well using a stick blender or a fork.
- Pour the mixture inside the molder. You can sprinkle and add more citrus zest and shredded coconut if you like.
- Let the mixture sit for 24 hours before removing it from the molder.
As simple as these steps, you can already have your own coconut soap plus you can also enjoy the benefits of using a coconut product. Not only that, you can also enjoy the tangy and sweet smell of orange giving you a fresh clean scent. For all these worth, fresh coconut is readily available in the market. You will not have a hard time looking for one, plus you wouldn’t need to spend a lot for it. That’s all there is to this homemade citrus coconut soap recipe!